Sunday 8 June 2014

Achilles I in Germany

© Nicole Guarino

Next Monday 9th of June, I will present the solo Achilles I at the festival TanzArt ostwest in Giessen, Germany. Curated by Tarek Assam and hosted by the Tanzcompagnie Giessen, the festival brings together dance companies from all over Europe, placing a particular emphasis on the exchange of choreographic ideas between artists from Western and Eastern Europe.

Achilles I is a meditation around the notions of struggle, violence and resilience. The solo explores the notion of 'hero' and the ambivalent character of the figure of Achilles, related to both strength and vulnerability, to public and private spheres.

This is the second time I visit the TanzArt festival. In 2011 I was invited to present the duet Dreamt for Light Years. For more information on this year's edition and to book tickets click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment