Sunday 14 December 2014

Resolution!


SAVE THE DATE: On Sat. 24 of January I will be performing my solo Achilles II in London as part of Resolution! The Place's much loved annual festival is back at the start of 2015. Running from 8 January to 21 February, Resolution! celebrates new choreography from emerging and established choreographers. Previous editions have showcased work by artists such as Russell Maliphant, Wayne McGregor, Charlotte Vincent and Hofesh Shechter.

I will present a new iteration of my solo work Achilles I, which I performed earlier this year at the TanzArt ostwest festival in Germany. I hope this new, extended version will give me an opportunity to de-compress the work and dig deeper in its soul. I will be also experimenting with the possibilities of a new lighting and costume design by Emma Jones and Matthias Strahm.

I am very excited to be sharing the evening with choreographers Jayne Port and Estela Merlos (also a Catalan dance-maker based in the UK!).

Over 28 days, 84 companies will bring works of unique choreographic diversity to the stage, fused with an uncompromising attitude of experimentation. For more information about Resolution! and to book your tickets, click HERE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment