Sunday 7 October 2012

Back in the kitchen...

After a very intense year working on my masters degree, I finally have time to get back to the studio to work on my own! Researching and writing my dissertation has certainly opened my mind and I am curious to see to what extent it has had an effect on my artistic practice.
 
With a couple of potential projects on the horizon but no clear deadline yet, I am enjoying the lack of time pressure and I have the feeling that I am creating just for myself.
 
At the moment, I am working on some solo material where I am playing with the ideas of struggle, violence and perseverance. I am also interested in exploring the relationship between the body as a site of inner and physical experience and the construction of meaning by an external observer.
 
More details to come in the next couple of months!

1 comment:

  1. Estic segura que el que vindrà, fruit dels teus anys d'experiència en aquest art i pel teu sempre "savoir faire" en tot allò que t'apassiona, ens deixarà bocaoberts. Vas amb pas segur, Joanet, perquè a part de gran sensibilitat, modèstia i enorme esforç ets a més intel.ligent, transparent i únic. Tens totes les cualitats necessàries per ser un gran creador. Desit-j'ho poder veure-ho ben aviat. Feliç 2013!!

    ReplyDelete